Developing and testing software in-house may seem like the best solution and, in fact it is sometimes. However, if such a decision was so good, there would be no place for the huge IT outsourcing industry which is rapidly growing and advancing. Entire economies of certain countries are built around outsourcing and offshoring numerous solutions. How did this field become so demanded and popular?
There are various obvious reasons why many UK companies choose to use outsourcing. Maintaining internal teams is demanding, expensive and overfilled with obligations, and there are times when the right people you may require for a project are just out of reach and this increases the time required for searches, and delivers more pain like employee relocation, even if you have managed to find a decent candidate.
Developing in-house requires more time and resources, and the investments may not even pay off at times.
Outsourcing, however, provides many businesses from a young startup to enormous enterprises with solutions of fine quality and a reasonable price. In fact, 4 out of 5 top players in the IT industry (such as Microsoft) are using outsourcing in their business strategy, and that does happen for a reason.
To fully understand the benefits that outsourcing may offer, you must truly realize why the majority of UK businesses today are outsourcing parts of and even entire projects. Such solutions are cost-effective, minimize time-to-market and allow access to skilled and equipped developers, testers, engineers and other specialists at the same time. UK companies prefer to outsource because outsourcing is a perfect combination of high quality and cost-cutting. You don’t need to compromise quality if you need to economize.
On top of everything, risks are shared between two parties who have different levels of expertise in various processes and are a valuable addition to one another throughout the entire process.
Literally, your business will gain access to previously unavailable resources and possess professionals with years of experience in fields your business may be new to.
- Outsourcing does reduce operating costs and makes control over them easier
- Outsourcing provides fast access to world-class talents and teams that are already equipped and experienced in various types and kinds of projects
- Outsourcing improves company focus on things that matter while technical aspects are left to professionals
- Outsourcing takes responsibilities off internal resources making them available for numerous other tasks
- If the difficulties you are facing seem unresolvable, there surely are teams providing outsourcing services of just the kind you may be requiring
- High-end outsourcing companies have their representative offices in the UK enabling direct and convenient communication. You can easily discuss and keep up to date with all the project details, gaining control over parts of or the whole project
If you are interested in more materials about outsourcing in general with practical tips and guidelines you are free to look through our white paper.